Jens Hatlak wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
From my understanding of what I have been reading, the developers have
no idea how to fix this problem of not converting bookmarks

This is only true if by "not converting bookmarks" you mean the
automatic conversion (which should happen but sometimes doesn't).

AFAIK the manual process works (it worked for me!), but the Personal
Toolbar folder might not be converted into the Bookmarks Toolbar folder
correctly. Again, that happened to me, too. See the "2.2: Personal
Toolbar folder does not import" thread.

In one of your screen shots I can see that your "Bookmarks Toolbar"
folder is empty if it's selected in the Bookmarks Manager. What I do not
see from the screen shot if there are indeed no bookmarks at all. For
that you'd have to select and possibly expand the "Bookmarks Menu"
folder. Maybe the Personal Toolbar folder is to be found below that. If
it is, just move its contents to the Bookmarks Toolbar folder and
celebrate (again, like I did).

and it can strike anytime with no warning.

Not anytime, only upon upgrading or importing bookmarks.html manually.

This should be the top number one bug to be fixed.

Certainly not, at least if there is an easy workaround. Look at the
Changes page of the SM 2.3 release notes. I consider the vast majority
of bugfixes listed there more important than fixing a bug that has an
easy workaround (note: provided that this statement is true, as I believe).

HTH

Jens

I removed the bookmarks items from the Profile for the 2.5.1 a install.
then I copied from the profile for my 2.0.14 install.

Last night I had run updater for 2.5.1 and it did update. So moved my copies over. This time the conversion took. However, I had to open the brought over Personal Bookmarks Folder and drop it on the new personal Tool Bar folder icon one at a time.

Still no PDF. though.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com