Interviewed by CNN on 26/08/2011 03:07, Stanimir Stamenkov told the world:

> May be the first thing to try is to open the context menu of
> (right-click) the "Sent" folder, and on the "General Information"
> tab to click "Repair Folder".

Not a bad idea on itself -- it's a lot less work, and if it works,
wonderful. But from the associated text, I get the impression that all
that the "repair folder" button does is to rebuild the auxiliary .msf
index file -- many odd problems in mail folders are caused by corrupted
.msf files. In the old times, we used to delete them by hand...

However, my assumption from the OP's description of the problem was that
the actual "sent." file, not the "sent.msf" file was the one damaged and
treated as read-only by Seamonkey. If so, rebuilding the .msf file won't
help. Compacting the folder (which essentially creates a new file and
copies the still-relevant messages from the old one) MIGHT work, but if
the folder is corrupted, there's always a small chance of losing data
during compacting.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.