Rostyslaw Lewyckyj schrieb:
Hey,hey! How does the existence and release of SM 2.3.1 square with the
firm promise/policy not to issue any third level: patches, fixes, updates?
Shouldn't this fix have been held for a future 2.x release?
How does this play into the code changes being tested as 2.4?
Are we seeing here an unheralded policy shift? back to reality?
Perhaps a return to, at least, error fix patches, via third level
of the release numbering scheme?
i.e. stabilize 2.x via a series of 2.x.n before releasing the
planned 2.x+1 ?

Come on. I'm not involved in the project except as a user.
They always stated, that anything critical enough _will_ get a hot-fix release.

And people not being able to get updates compared to this trivial (code!) change seems reasonable to release ASAP not to get anybody stranded. (Though knowing, when the certificates would expire might make this decisions easier. *g*)

BR/Philipp