Michael Gordon wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
I'm on a 64bit WIN 7 Ultimate system.
I just downloaded the SM 2.3.1 program binary from
www.seamonky-project.org and ran the installer exe.
(after a full backup of the profile and program folders)
The installer ran in a flash, and now I'm supposedly
at SM 2.3.1
But I'm curious and just a bit apprehensive.
Did that upgrade installation carry out all those
profile conversions that were discussed and argued
about here, such as the bookmarks database conversion
et.c. ?
I need reassurance :-)
It did for my Win XP SR3 computer.
I noticed the same almost instant install process and came to the
conclusion that if the previous installation used the default
installation paths then the later upgrades would perform almost
instantly. Reason: The installer new exactly where to find the older
files to upgrade.

Michael G

ME, too. I am running 2.0.14 because of all the negative comments of the versions after that. I am running HP desktop, 6gb memory 750gb hard drive, Windows 7. I know there has been a great deal of "be sure to do this/that before you upgrade" so I have been hesitant to get away from 2.0.14. Am I getting left behind with security issues, better features, new options, etc?

w.