I often use the full version of Adobe Acrobat 9.4, so the other day when I
noticed that Adobe Reader 7.0 was also installed on my computer, I uninstalled
it.

Then when I tried to open a PDF file in SM, I got an obscure error message. So
I installed Adobe Reader X, which restored my ability to view PDFs within
Seamonkey.

My question is how to reliably access to the Reader X toolbar. It no longer
appears by default when I open a PDF file. Sometimes I can make it appear by
clicking an Adobe icon that appears when I mouse-over a spot in the bottom of
the window, but other times it won't appear at all, leaving me without the
ability to save the PDF file, or to resize it etc.

I'm running SM 2.3.1 in Windows XP.