WLS wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:

This is a line using SM newsgroup with Wingdings characters.
This is a line using SM newsgroup with courier new characters.
This is a line using SM newsgroup with Brush Script MT characters.

As we can see SM is able to use and display the characters correctly for
nearly all fonts, but refuse it to do with Wingdings.

As a follow up to my previous post, I find that I also don't have the
Brush Script MT font installed, but do have Courier New, so that is why
I see the proper font displayed for that line.

However, if I remove the check mark from "Allow documents to use other
fonts", all lines are rendered in monospace.

This message composed using B&H Lucida Typewriter font.

Well ...

You may have selected that font but you composed in plain text so we're going to see it in whatever our default font is here. Courier New (Win 7) in my case. ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/