Tom S. wrote:
WLS wrote:
Tom S. wrote:
Hello all,

I have SM 2.4.1 running on Win XP SP3.

Here's something that's bugged me for a long
while. I thought eventually someone else
would bring it up and soon after, it would be
fixed. Oh well.

Why is it SM no longer stops pop-ups?

When a page loads that has a pop-up, I have
assigned a "pop" sound and the highlighted
exclamation point shows on the bottom
toolbar. But then, if I should click anywhere
on the page, the pop-up will open into a new
tab, instead of remaining suppressed. This
happens on almost all websites that use
pop-ups. (Oftentimes, they will use Flash for
these pop-ups, but the Flashblock extension
disables it, so it only shows the "F"
button.)

Is there anything I can change to prevent
the pop-ups from happening?

TIA.

You do not state whether you have Block
unrequested popup windows checked under your
Privacy and Security preferences.

Are the offending popups Ads?

I don't have Flashblock installed, but do have
AdBlock Plus installed and never have a
problem with unrequested popups.

I double checked the preference setting, and it is
checked. However, I see in the disclaimer: "Even
if blocked, websites may use other methods to show
popups." So, that may be what's happening.

I'm currently not using AdBlock Plus, which I
tried a long time ago, but didn't like the way it
worked back then.

Got any examples of pages that are giving you popups?

--
 JD..