Dustbin wrote:
WLS wrote:
NoOp wrote:

<snipped>

What was posted on this thread was a question about FireFox (incorrect
spelling btw) in the SeaMonkey support newsgroup. It was pointed out
that this was a SeaMonkey support newsgroup and the question should be
directed to the mozilla.support.firefox group.

Then we were informed that if we had looked at the user agent, we would
have noticed the user was using SeaMonkey, and directing them to the
Firefox support group was the wrong thing to do, so I guess we are
supposed to offer support here. Also don't forget to look at the user
agent before posting any replies from this point forward.

Personally, I don't think the OP is that stupid to not know whether they
are asking a question about Firefox or not.

As often as it is done, I also don't believe that identifying a version
x,yz instead of x.y.z is a result of a typo, laziness maybe.

Whatever program and version dustbin is using I hope the problem is
resolved.

I use SM for posting. Whoever criticised me for posting to the wrong
group was probably right. The question was about FF even though SM was
used to post the question.

D.

I also use SeaMonkey for email and newsgroup posting, and Firefox for browsing, and figured you were asking about Firefox.

Cheers!

--

SeaMonkey
Firefox Support http://support.mozilla.com and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_%28Firefox%29