Philip TAYLOR schrieb:
Now my thinking is that his analysis is wrong, and a mailto:
link will almost certainly lead to an SMTP exchange, and
almost certainly never lead to one involving HTTP or FTP.
Would you agree ?

As I said, mailto: doesn't send anything over the net by itself at all, it just sends the data to an email client/window, and whatever that uses does the send then. This can be any protocol used for sending emails, depending on what the user has set up.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)