Hello!

I downloaded install_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz from Adobe's web site and seamonkey-2.5.tar.bz2 from Mozilla's web site. I extracted Flash into /home/flash and SM into my ~/bin/seamonkey2 (only for myself).

I noticed new SM v2.5 does not see Flash plugin or ANY plugins (about:plugins showed nothing), and didn't even have plugins directories in my local SM profile account (~/.mozilla/seamonkey/...default/) and extracted SM directories (~/bin/seamonkey/plugins/). I assumed I had to set this up manually. I linked the plugin symbolically (-s) from my manually created plugins directories (~/.mozilla/seamonkey/...default/plugins/ and ~/bin/seamonkey2/plugins/) to go to /home/flash/libflashplayer.so file.

SM still did not see my Flash plugin. Debian's IceWeasel/Firefox v3.6.24 (packages from "deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-3.6" through apt-get) had no problems using it from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so; shouldn't SM be checking here too?).

What's wrong? This is a lot harder to start going on my newly installed 64-bit Debian system! :( Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Ants follow fat." --unknown