David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/12/12 1:47 PM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
I want to transfer my most recent W-7 desktop bookmark file to my XP
laptop.  The only problem is that the bookmarks.html file in my current
desktop profile is an older version that isn't up to date.  I notice
that in the SM profile there is a folder called "bookmarkbackups" which
does have a series of daily files the most recent of which is
bookmarks-2012-03-12.json.  But when I click on this I get a
notification that windows can't open the file.

What's happening here?  Is there anyplace where an up-to-date
bookmarks.html file exists?

W-7, SM 2.7.2

Thanks.

Bookmarks are now stored in an SQLite database named places.sqlite.

If you have old-style bookmarks in a file called bookmarks.html on one
PC, transfer that file to the other PC.  On that second PC:

1.  Launch SeaMonkey.

2.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Bookmarks>  Manage Bookmarks].

3.  On the Bookmarks Manager menu bar, select [Tools>  Import HTML].

4.  On the Import Wizard window, select the File radio button and then
the Next button.

5.  On the Import Bookmarks File file-selection window, navigate to
where you placed the bookmarks.html, select that file, and then select
the Open button.

If, as I do, you use your bookmarks as the SeaMonkey home page, let me
know here.  I will give you instructions on how to make that work.

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my address books. When importing "everything" from my Windows XP SP3 to my new Windows 7 Pro, the address books(collected addresses and regular address book) did not come through. I have new collected addresses now on the Win 7 H.D., but not the abook ones. Is there an analogous way that I can import my address books from the Win XP to the Win7?

Thanks a lot.

Mort Linder