NoOp schreef:
Since updgrading from sM 2.7.x to 2.8, I notice in newsgroups that I get
a 'wait icon' cursor when the cursor is anywhere outside of the message
text body. Doesn't matter which newggroup/newserver, and does not occur
when in the email window. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Screenshot of what I am talking about is here:
<http://bayimg.com/HanAEaaDF>

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312
Firefox/11.0 SeaMonkey/2.8
But also happens with the Windows version.

Yes I have noticed exactly the same problem after upgrading from SM 2.7.2 to SM 2.8. Windows XP SP3.

It's very annoying. I use an animated rotating hourglas as wait icon cursor. It's difficult to click new threads/messages with the wait cursor. It happens in all the newsgroups/newsservers, not in email.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312 Firefox/11.0 SeaMonkey/2.8

I have placed a stop button on the Email Window Bar (via customize).
When I click the stop button the wait-cursor disappears but when I click
a new thread/message the wait-cursor is there again. It's very tiring.
Sometimes the stop button is greyed out.

I also have a Seamonkey Portable 2.7.2 and this version does not show this behaviour.

Regards,

Zanqeutil