On 04/02/2012 02:45 AM, Desiree wrote:
> "Chris Ilias" <n...@ilias.ca> wrote in message
>> I've finished updating <http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/>!
>>
>> Aside from content now being up to date, the big change is that it is
>> mostly screencasts. I've written a blog post about it at
>> <http://ilias.ca/blog/2012/03/seamonkey-help-is-back-with-screencasts/>.
> I just get a blank page when going to your site both in Fx 10 Enterprise and
> SM 2.6.1 on two different computers both running XP Pro. Mozilla in its
> "wisdom" saw fit to blacklist my video driver which does HTML5 just fine on
> Opera and had passed all Mozilla tests for HTML5 until Mozilla decided to
> blacklist it and then, of course, the HTML5 tests no longer worked. I have
> zero interest in updating my video driver. I like the version I use and have
> specific reasons for why I use this version of nVidia nForce driver.  I

Perhaps if you upgraded to 2.8 you might not have the problem. The
blacklisted drivers are for WebGL, not HTML5. Here are mine:

====
Graphics
Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA Corporation -- Quadro4 900 XGL/AGP/SSE2Driver
Version1.5.8 NVIDIA 96.43.19
WebGL RendererBlocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating
your graphics driver to version NVIDIA 257.21 or newer.
GPU Accelerated Windows0. Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try
updating your graphics driver to version NVIDIA 257.21 or newer.

And from a WinXP with the same nVidia card:
Graphics
Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGLVendor ID0x10de
Device ID0x0258Adapter RAMUnknownAdapter
Driversnv4_dispDriver Version9.1.3.6Driver Date7-12-2006
WebGL Rendererfalse
GPU Accelerated Windows0. Blocked for your graphics driver version.
====

And I can render the HTML5 just fine. I also have WinXP running in a
VMWare virtual machine. That VM uses an SVG II 2D video driver, and I
can view the HTML5 on that as well:

WebGL RendererBlocked for your graphics card because of unresolved
driver issues.
GPU Accelerated Windows0. Blocked for your graphics card because of
unresolved driver issues.

So I'd recommend upgrading to 2.8. 2.8 resolved/fixed several HTML5 issues:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.8/#new
as did SeaMonkey 2.7:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.7/changes

> would never have blamed Mozilla if my video driver caused Fx or SM to crash
> so I don't think Mozilla should arbitrarily placed video drivers older than
> the date they chose on a black list as some very old drivers work fine with
> HTML5 yet Mozilla put them on the black list. (I didn't blame Mozilla when
> Fx4 was crashing constantly a year ago and it turned out to be nVidia's
> nView that I love greatly but I had to disable it forever if I wanted to use
> Fx4 and above. I lost 50% of the functionality of my video card just to be
> able to use Fx4 but I didn't blame Mozilla so I certainly would not have
> blamed Mozilla if my video driver had problems with HTML5 on Fx or SM. Thus,
> I don't think Mozilla should have placed any video card driver versions on a
> black list.

Interesting... On the WinXP I have nView 110.44 installed and working.
It's never cause an issue with Firefox or SeaMonkey for me. You might
try reinstalling to see if it is still giving you issues with the
current version of Firefox (11) or SeaMonkey (2.8).