Larry S. wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
The preference variable in "about:config" is
browser.tabs.loadInBackground. The value is "true" to have the new tab
behind the old one and "false" to have the new tab in front.

Hmm . . . It's set to "false", which I would expect from my Preferences.
However, there's another setting,
"services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.tabs.loadInBackground;true",
which would seem to conflict. Possible?

The pref you cited enables syncing of the browser.tabs.loadInBackground pref, i.e. if you have SeaMonkey Sync set up and you change the browser.tabs.loadInBackground pref on one host, the pref will be changed on all other hosts using the same Sync account. If you don't want that behavior, set the pref you cited to false.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>