dirk wrote:
Ken Rudolph wrote:
Evan Davidson wrote:
dirk wrote:
Hi,

I can't get flash player to work in Seamonkey, uninstall, reinstall,
no cure....

Anyone?

Some sites display this message:

"Error loading or parsing config file. Please check 'version'
attribute in <ugconfig> node. version must be 1.1."

Others don't tell me anything, just no play.....

Please......

See:

Also, after making sure that your installed Flash version is the Mozilla
fix:  Flash 11.3.300.262, uninstall Real Player through the Windows
Control Panel (if you'r
e running SM in Windows).  That seems to work for
most people if they have any Real Player dlls in their plugins.

Checked that version OK, de-installed Real Player, and hey presto, flash
works, but what now? I want to use Real player as well....??!

Re-install Real Player?

Honestly, I don't know. I also have some old video files which only seem to play on Real Player. If I could be assured that Real Player would not automatically install any of its .dll's into SeaMonkey as plugins, I would re-install Real Player. In the meantime, I don't want to risk it. I'll leave that for a later time (or some instructions on how to remove any unwanted plug-ins that automatically install into SM.)

I wonder if Real Player knows of its compatibility problem with Flash in SeaMonkey (and for that matter with Firefox and I.E., if my experience is shared by others).

--
Ken Rudolph