Daniel wrote:
Mort wrote:
Hi,

Since my hard drive was infected by unwanted Chrome installation,since
uninstalled, my deleted e-mails reappear in my inbox, as well as going
to trash. My preferences are set to send deleted e-mails to trash.
This is most annoying, as the deleted items form an endless loop that
clutter up my inbox in large numbers.

Can anyone suggest what I must do to have the deleted e-mails go only to
trash, as they used to.

Thank you very much.

Mort Linder

Mort, when you delete an e-mail from your inbox, they are really just
marked for deletion and removed from your view. They are really only
deleted when you File->Empty Trash and File->Compact Folders.

Give these a try and see if that helps.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. The deleted e-mails used to disappear from view and stay away from my view, even before I i did empty trash and compact folders. Now, they return to my view when I next boot up the PC.

Now, this evening,a new development has occurred: Just within the "inbox" section, there used to be a "trash" section. Now, this evening, that trash designation has disappeared, and in its place is a new title, another "inbox" in italics. This new inbox has a +, which when opened reveals a new "trash", which is always empty. I do not now where my original functioning trash box has gone, nor why.I have not done anything to this system, and have running with my XP SP3 the Windows Defender and firewall,and antispyware ,and antiviralware.

It just does not make sense to me,and I would really appreciate any further help.

Thanks a lot.

Mort