On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:50:23 -0700
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> I read that places.sqlite file get compressed/optimized every 30
> days. Is there a way I can do this manually or change the value to
> like daily?

The terms 'compressed' and 'optimized' are questionable here.  The
database is rebuilt;  the data is compressed within it, but the file
size doesn't change, so you don't gain any disk space.  Also,
rebuilding slows some db operations, so doing it too often will hurt
performance somewhat.

You could change the value of places.last_vacuum every day to
constantly fool SeaMonkey into thinking the database hasn't been
rebuilt in over a month, which should trigger frequent rebuilding.  That
would be a bad idea, but if you want to do it anyway, it's measured in
milliseconds.