Jim Taylor wrote:
> BIll Spikowski wrote:
>> Jim Taylor wrote:

>>> That action is set in Adobe Reader.  You don't say what version you
>>> have so it might not be in the same place in all versions.  In my
>>> Reader X (version 10) it is Edit-Preferences-Internet and check or
>>> uncheck "Display PDF in browser" in right pane under Web Browser
>>> Options.
>>

>> I've recently begun having the same problem, all on Windows XP
>> machines. On my home computers, PDFs open in the SM browser (my
>> preference), but at work, after a recent SM upgrade, they began
>> opening in my full version of Adobe Acrobat. All the machines use the
>> same operating system and the identical version of SM
>>
>> Acrobat has the same preference settings as Reader; my problem is not
>> there, as my preference is already set to "display PDF in browser."
>>
>> It also has nothing to do with email settings for attached files; my
>> problem is PDFs opened from web links.
>>
>> I've followed other advice offered in this NG but I've never figured
>> out where the glitch is, or how to restore the behavior I prefer...
>>

> The only think else I know to check is SeaMonkey's Helper Applications
> settings.  Edit-Preferences-Browser-Helper Applications scroll right
> panel down to Adobe Acrobat Document and make sure it is set to your
> preference of either "Use Adobe Reader" or "Use Adobe Acrobat (in
> SeaMonkey)".  If that is OK I don't know where else to look.

I tried this, selecting "Use Adobe Acrobat (in SM)" -- but then it
opened PDFs with Adobe Reader in SM, not what I wanted.

So I uninstalled Adobe Reader; then it began opening PDFs in Adobe
Acrobat in the browser, which puts me back where I started and where I
want to be -- thank you for the suggestion!