On 08/01/2012 10:52 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/01/2012 03:59 AM, Jim Taylor wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
>>>
>>> So, I rephrase: anyone know how to turn *off* HTML5 completely, without
>>> disabling javascript completely?
>>>

>> I don't know how to turn it off completely, but changing
>> media.autoplay.enabled to false will keep them (and flash) from
>> autostarting.
>>

> Thanks Jim (and Kairo) for trying. That doesn't work. However that did
> give me a hint & I did find what I need:
>
> media.webm.enabled;false [1]
>
> That works. So what I was actually looking for (and didn't know it) was
> how to turn WebM off/on. Now I have to figure out how to create a
> Prefbar button to disable/enable webm by turning media.webm.enabled to
> false/true.
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM

And managed to create a prefbar WebM button by modifying Manuel's
Geolocation Checkbox button (thanks Manuel):

code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:prefbar="http://www.xulplanet.com/rdf/prefbar#";
         xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#";
         xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>
  <RDF:resource RDF:about="urn:prefbar:info"
                   prefbar:formatversion="2" />
  <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:prefbar:buttons:webm"
                   prefbar:type="check"
                   prefbar:label="WebM"
                   prefbar:prefstring="media.webm.enabled"
                   prefbar:topref="value"
                   prefbar:frompref="value" />
  <RDF:Seq RDF:about="urn:prefbar:browserbuttons:enabled">
    <RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:prefbar:buttons:webm"/>
  </RDF:Seq>
</RDF:RDF>

Save as: webm.btn
Open Prefbar 'Customize', right click on any menu item & select
'Import'. Go to webm.btn & import. Done.

Works. I can now turn WebM off/on with a single click of a prefbar
button in the same way that I can turn flash on/off.