Ed Mullen wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

I have a Yahoo email but never use it. For the heck of it I logged
in (using SeaMonkey), changes the theme, logged out. When I logged
back in the theme change had stuck.

Yahoo sets a lot of cookies. I deleted them all, logged back in and
the theme was still there.

Just for yucks I logged in using Firefox, where I wipe cookies when
the program exits. Theme still set.

Not sure what to say at this point.

If it remembers your settings without cookies, it must be saving them in
your profile on its own computer. In contrast, a site like YouTube
remembers my settings until I clear its cookies (including flash
cookies), then treats me like a stranger.

I'm reasonably sure it is server side.  Hmm, although, I'll go use
CCleaner to delete all the Flash cookes too and see what happens.

FF, cookies deleted upon exit ... mail.yahoo.com ... same result ... I log in and the theme preference sticks.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/