David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/2/12 5:56 PM, Rufus wrote:
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
I thought the "standard" was to have the word "yEnc" in the subject line
if someone used that crappy algorithm to embed binaries in a Usenet
post.  Apparently there are people who post yEnc attachments without
coding the appropriate flag in the subject.

I set up a message filter to discard anything with "yEnc" in the
subject, but how can I set up a filter to discard anything that starts
with "=ybegin" in the message body?

Allegedly you can set up a Custom filter header, but I've never seemed
to be able to get that to work...in Filters/Edit/Customize I'd set up a
Header called "Body" or "Message" then add a Filter entry for "if
Body/Message Contains =ybegin, Delete Message".

Anyway, that's what I'd try - if I've got it wrong (most likely the
Body/Message Header reference...that seems too easy) and anyone knows
better, please enlighten the both of us.  I'd like to use this sort of
thing myself!

I'm not sure, but I think the filters work only on headers.

Yeah - that's where I get confused. The Customize dialog says "new message header"; does that mean a system generated header in the message, or the new "header" label that the user adds which appears in the drop-down list?

It works with Subject, To, From, Date, and Size by default - how do those relate to "header" information?

--
     - Rufus