hawker wrote:

I can't figure out how to give a direct link - but....
If you go to
http://maps.google.com/
The lower left corner says "experience MapsGL"
If you click to expand that box and then click Try it now. You get a
window that says

" We detected that your computer does not meet the system performance
requirements for MapsGL. Learn more about the system requirements for
MapsGL."

If I click learn more at
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1630790
I seem to meet or exceed everything asked for.
This computer is XP3 with DX 9.0c and a NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M card.
Drivers are dated 5/12/2010

I get a message "Testing..." alternating with "Enabling..." in an endless loop; it never actually gives up and fails or reports an error. The main map panel doesn't change. If I enter a street address in the search box, it just clears without updating the map.

The regular Google Maps still works fine.

Paul B. Gallagher