On 11/9/2012 7:24 PM PT, Chuck Anderson typed:

I have two different local copies and would like to merge them
together as one. I do not want to use Mozilla's remote synchronization
feature.

What about "duplicate" entries; keep or toss?  (Duplicate could mean
same URL, or same URL and same title, or ... ?)

Toss if they are exactly the same. I know revisiting the same exact URLs count has another hit in histories.

If you know how to query databases you could use sqlite3.  I would play
with it for a while (SELECT from places.sqlite and INSERT entries into a
new table).  http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Hmm, I don't know SQL unless it is very easy to do. It looks like it is command line based from that download web page. Maybe there is an easy how to guide somewhere?
--
"They are like the ant... They start one way and turn around and go the other way... They look all the time at the ground and never see the sky." --Davi Kopenawa Yanomami, Amazonian Indian (Newsweek 117(17):5, 1991)