question wrote:
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Philip Chee wrote:

The minimal popup (without the preview text) only shows if the folder
pane isn't wide enough to show the full name of the folder currently
hovered over. So to disable that you need to drag the splitter to the
right until the popup stops appearing.

Not my symptoms, Phil.  "Inbox" is a pretty short folder name, and it
is clearly visible in full with space for about seven more letters
after the (4602).  But when I hover over it, I see

"This weekend get 50% off Homebase"
"Transcend solid state drives (SSD) performance ePhotozine"
and about six more.  Earlier today, after turning off
(i.e., setting to false) "mail.biff.alert.show_preview"
I saw only one, but it still obscured the "Thread",
"Attachment" and "Subject: " fields.

Philip Taylor

Edit/Appearance/ Uncheck Show Tool Tips

Not a bad suggestion, but if Philip is seeing what he says, somebodies definition of a "tool tip" needs some major modification!!

--
Daniel