Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Rich Gray wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
we have no
sane way to detect the presence of Norton and delay JUST those updates.

Does the user get notified by Semantic of the quarantined files?

*cough* well now I'm even MORE annoyed/frustrated with Symantec.

We got notification yesterday AM that the newest beta was whitelisted.

We made the update live last night

I just now restart to update and get notified by Symantec on my own comp
that it detected an issue (the same problem I described in this thread).
GRRRRRR

Bad Symantec Bad.

(p.s. yes I will be letting this license expire and switching to another
provider for myself)

Justin,

I am sorry that you are experiencing the problems many of us have already discovered, and the reasons to discard Norton's.

There is only one bright spot in your experience, you have now seen what others have been complaining about for decades, and you know here is no easy fix for the problem.

Because you have now had these real life problems to ponder, and because you have a unique position within SeaMonkey, and connections with Mozilla Foundation; you can better formulate a work-around for the majority of users of SeaMonkey when downloading and installing Alpha's, Beta's, and public release versions of SeaMonkey.

I wish you good luck, you have a rocky field to hoe.

Michael G

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com