When I first got into computers, Norton Anti-Virus was one of those essentials that everyone had to have on their machines. Over the years it has become more intrusive, more bloated, and more CPU hungry than almost anything else I can think of.

I've also registered far more false alarms with NAV (now SAV) than any other product I've ever used. The straw that broke the camel's back was when SAV wiped out my entire inbox because one piece of E-Mail had a malicious attachment.

On my Windows machines I now use Microsoft's Security Essentials, but I've also started migrating more and more over to Linux.

I don't know how Symantec stays in business with the crap they've been putting out lately.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

AMA District 34