On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:37:10 -0500, Rob wrote:
Rick Merrill <rick0.merr...@gmail.nospam.com> wrote:
Rob wrote:
Rick Merrill <rick0.merr...@gmail.nospam.com> wrote:
Rob wrote:
I installed 2.20 on a system at work where we still use 2.14.1 and
noticed that signatures are now displayed "dim" in HTML mail as well.
(this used to be the case only in text mail, but I don't know if this
has changed now in 2.20 or in an earlier release after 2.14.1)

I see no UI to control this.  Is there a hidden preference for it?
I want to disable this feature because it does not look good, especially
when someone has mistakenly added a message and signature ABOVE a
quoted mail.

A HTML signature is embedded in a <div class="moz-signature"> for which
there is a fixed stylesheet with "opacity: 0.5" in the latest versions.
So the HTML the user designed is shown "dim", including company logo etc.
Not good.

To control the signature display, follow the instructions at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signature_display_color

--
Kind regards
Ralph