Paul B. Gallagher wrote, On 10/2/2013 12:02 PM:
flyguy wrote:
flyguy wrote, On 10/1/2013 9:50 PM:
regz91 wrote, On 10/1/2013 8:40 PM:
flyguy wrote:
This website uses 25% of my CPU time in SM 2.21 (Win XP), but 2% or so
in IE 8.

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Jayco-Greyhawk-24ss-111012813

Is that a flaw in SM? Is it a setting I can change? It slows down the
computer, and I can hear the HD whining.

I too saw huge CPU usage when accessing that web page

I disabled adblock,noscript etc and the load factor was noticeably
less.

Ah ha! When I disable Adblock for that page, CPU usage drops to 1 or 2%;
apparently, it's Adblock, or some interaction of Adblock and SM, with
that page. When I re-enable Adblock, the CPU usage remains at 1  or 2%;
reloading the page and  it zooommms back up 25% CPU usage. Very
repeatable.

Hovering over the Adblock icon shows it's blocked 40,000 items, and this
increases by thousands every few seconds. I've reported the problem to
Adblock

How is this AdBlock's problem? Complain to the site that's sending

It's not really sending 40,000 ads to the page; at least, only four ads appear, and there is no apparent increase in internet traffic.

It's Adblock's problem because blocking ads is what they are supposed to do, and Adblocker specifically asks for reports whenever problems are encountered, so it sending them the report is their idea.

I hope they will figure out what is going on. Maybe the website has a clever way to get past ad blockers, maybe it's doing something that fools Adblocker into responding to things that aren't ads - I don't know.