On 10/06/2013 12:51 PM, David Kerridge wrote:
WaltS wrote:
On 10/06/2013 11:05 AM, David Kerridge wrote:
I have been using Excite as my Home Page, plus SM which gave me SM tool
bars top and bottom with SM book marks system in the top tool bar, with
Excite in the middle.  I could scroll up and down on Excite and the SM
tool bars stayed in place.

I installed the new version of SM (2.20) and the top tool bar
disappeared altogether, The bottom SM tool stayed until I tried to
scroll Excite, then the bottom SM tool bar would disappear and the
entire page is all Excite and SM browser is no longer present.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I need help.   Dave.

The new version of SeaMonkey is 2.21.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/

I have no idea why the tool bars disappear upon scrolling.

I also don't understand what you mean by Excite is a software program.
If it is installed on your system, then I would expect it to open in
another window, not SeaMonkey.

Using SeaMonkey 2.21 and going to http://excite.com/ I see a web site.
Scrolling up and down has no affect on the tool bars.

The way it works is using the SM Presences under Browser, I enter
"http://www.excite.com"; and then each time I hit the SM icon, SM would
come up, with Excite in the middle, and its worked like a charm for
years.  What do you guys or gals use as your Browser/Homepage. I have
never liked IE, but I may have to make another choice. I liked SM
because I could get Browser/email/newsgroups all in one.

I would uninstall the Excite program, and set the Excite web site as my homepage if I wanted Excite content.

It appears to have "Join Now", "Sign In", "Email", "My Links", "My Pages", a lite version, and more.

I use the default home page in SeaMonkey.