DoctorBill wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Jay Garcia wrote:
On 15.11.2013 09:31, DoctorBill wrote:

  --- Original Message ---

Something has been changed in my Seamonkey - I have to
log in each time I visit ALL web sites.

Before this, when I went to my usual web site haunts,
the system remembered and I went in 'Logged In'.
i.e. - stay logged in checked.  Now that doesn't work.

I did not change anything in the my Cookies are handled.

Help, please.

Bill

Remove cookies, then re-login to your sites and the info should be
remembered from now on.

If I remove all cookies with the Windows "Internet Options" tool,
would that be OK ?

OK but ineffectual. The Windows tool only removes cookies stored by
Internet Explorer.

For SeaMonkey cookies, there are two ways:

1) The hard way: open Cookie Manager and for each site listed, delete
them by hand;

2) The easy way (two-step process):

a) Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Private Data: make sure
"Cookies" is checked;

b) From a browser window, Tools | Clear Private Data or Ctrl-Shift-Del.

OMG - I did the "Easy Way" - went to Edit|Prefs|p&s and clicked the
Cookies box.  Was not checked before that.
Above that list was a "Clear data Now" - so I clicked it.
My HD light came on for maybe 60 - 90 seconds !
Then a window came up and said a Script was running, so I chose to stop it.
Then the HD light came back on for another 60 -120 seconds before it
petered out.

My system has a 3 GHz CPU and that was a LONG TIME for it to be doing
something !

Haven't tried SM yet....going to now.....Pray.

Bill

OK. Disregard the previous post.

Now that I have changed my Cookie settings from "Accept for current session only" to "Accept cookies normally", I stay logged into Yahoo.

I also have "Allow third-party cookies for previously visited websites only" selected.

Edit > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Cookies