WaltS wrote:

On 11/15/2013 07:38 PM, DoctorBill wrote:

Nope - it is still doing the same thing, even after clearing the Cookies
all out and I have allow cookies from this web site toggled
(http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?).

Has something been changed all across the Internet ?

Nothing has changed across the Internet.

Don't know about your other haunts, but I see the same behavior with
Yahoo using SM 2.22, and I have a clean profile.

I enter my Yahoo ID, password, check "Keep me signed in", and on restart
I have to repeat the process.

Probably because SeaMonkey doesn't ask me if I want to remember the
Username and PW. What is up with that? OK. SM asks me to save PW on
another site.

It keeps me logged in if I navigate to other sites and come back to Yahoo.

I don't clear any private data when closing SeaMonkey.

Yahoo seems to be the problem. Not SeaMonkey.

As noted elsewhere in this thread, if you allow only session cookies, then SeaMonkey will wipe them at the end of the session (when you close SM). That's what "session cookies" means.

If you want cookies to persist from session to session, you have to change your cookie prefs:

Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Cookies
Cookie retention policy
[x] Accept cookies normally
[ ] Accept for current session only

While you're there, go to Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Passwords. If "remember passwords" is checked, all is well because SM will remember passwords for all sites that you don't explicitly exclude. If the box is not checked, yahoo must be an exception to the ban (see below).

So if what you want is to be prompted to login with stored passwords at the beginning of each session, stick with session cookies and tell SM to remember your username and password:

Tools | Password Manager | Manage Stored Passwords

This opens the Data Manager to the Passwords tab. In the search window ("Search Domains") type "yahoo" (without the quotes) and see if there's a record. If so, click "Show Passwords" at the lower right and confirm that the username and password listed are correct. If not, delete the record for yahoo.com so SM will have to ask the next time you login.

While you're in the Data Manager, choose "Permissions only" from the pull-down list right above the search window. As before, search for "yahoo." You should see one of two things:

1) an entry on the right that looks like this:
        yahoo.com Save Passwords (•) Allow

2) no entry.

If your default above was not to save passwords but you see "allow" here, all is well (yahoo is an exception to the ban). And if your default above was to save passwords, and you see nothing here, then yahoo will obey the default and save passwords; again, all is well.

There would only be a problem if:

a) your default is to save passwords but the Permissions for yahoo say "Never save." In this case, select the rule and click "Remove" to delete that ban and let yahoo follow the default;

b) your default is not to save passwords and yahoo is not listed as an exception. In this case, click "Add," "Set cookies," "Add" to create an exception for yahoo to "Allow." Note that when you first add a rule, "Use default" is checked; you must select one of the options on the right to make an exception.

HTH

Paul B. Gallagher