David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/17/2013 12:34 AM, Daniel wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/13/2013 5:33 AM, Daniel wrote:
As noted in my sig, I'm using SM 2.22, more specifically B2 (waiting for
2.23B1 to come out), and even more specifically, on my Win7 install,
I've noted something that I don't recall anyone else mentioning. (I
cannot say I've noticed it on my Linux SM 2.22B2 installation.)

At Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Spelling, I have selected to "Check
spelling before sending", no problem, except if an error in spelling is
found (rare though that may be ... NOT ;-) ), the "Send" button is cut
in half by the bottom edge of that window. There is no scroll bar, nor
can I just drag the bottom edge of this screen down.

This may be tied up with a problem I've seen reported here (by MCBasto
or Rufus, I think) for a while with SeaMonkey not fully drawing
sub-screens on Mac's or another problem reported here regarding the
font/line spacing in the Accounts and Threads Panes in SM 2.22. Don't
know, but maybe!!

Anybody else seeing this problem??

Somehow, I recall a bug report about this.  It might have been a
different dialogue window (e.g., Find, Master Password).  I have
searched the list of bugs that I am tracking, however, and cannot find it.

You're right, David, it was the Master Password dialogue window, but on
Mac systems. I think this might be the first Windows incarnation!!

I thought I commented on the bug report to indicate a similar problem
with Windows.  Normally, I then add the report to a query of reports
that I am tracking.  However, I can't find this one.  Does anyone know
the bug number?

I first noticed this in the Master Password dialog on the Mac in all releases after 2.13.2 and submitted bug 817318 against SM 2.14.1, but that one has been resolved/closed as a "duplicate" - but it's still broken.

The superseding bug is bug 812050, and is also written against the Mac version (as I submitted) but the problem now appears to be a bit more broad in scope.

More and more people appear to also be seeing this in the Win version and in more places than I've seen the problem - I verified today that I also see it in the confirmation for Message Send dialog in the Mac version of SM 2.22.

I hadn't seen this before because I don't generally use the command+enter shortcut, but I'm starting to think that people who invoke more drop downs than I do are seeing more of this than I am, and that goes for both Mac and Win versions of SM.

--
     - Rufus