Ed Mullen wrote:
What theme do you use?  Default? Modern?  Or some add-on?

I mostly use the Default one, although I have both Modern and Kilome installed.

After reading through this thread, I did a bit of playing with the other two, to see if I could remember why I switched back to Default.

In the process, I discovered that with the Modern theme, there's not the issue with line spacing that appeared with the release of Seamonkey 2.22. On the other hand, I'm still seeing the near-truncated display of the dialog window for the spell-checker.

Smith