Philip Taylor a écrit :

Ed Mullen wrote:

Erness Wild wrote :

Thanks for the private emails, replies noted.

What?

You are participating in a public forum.  You asked for help. Someone
replied out of context.  Yet you come here and say thanks?

Post the solution HERE so that others may benefit from it.

Geez.

The replies were PRIVATE.  Mr Wild not only has no obligation
to publish the content of private e-mails, it would be an abuse
of privilege so to do.  Cf. the earlier (also OT) thread initiated
by Mr Gallagher on the same theme and my responses to the same.

Philip Taylor

There is a problem with the configuration of the list.
Initially the poster address was in the list "sender" field, with no other related field, so someone replying had to paste the name of the list in place of the poster address to do a normal reply to the list.

Then "for" and "copy to" fields were added, which allowed using send-to-all to reply to all related fields. By default, the reply still goes to the poster (privately) only, which is not correct.

Instead of the "for" field, the list address should have been added in a "reply-to" field, so that by default one replies only to the list.
Which is the usual expected default for a forum mailing list.

I highly doubt that most posters expected that their replies would only go to the last poster, and not to the list.

--
André