Interviewed by CNN on 05/12/2013 12:52, hawker told the world:

> I use MAPI/IMAP at work because for that usage it works best but still
> use POP for personal because, up to recently it has also been the best
> choice.  My life is changing to be more on the go, less time at home on
> y personal computer but I still want local, filtered and sorted archives
> of everything. I have to much personal E-mail to keep it all on the
> server. I'm thinking this dual, IMAP at work, POP at home may be the
> solution, or perhaps IMAP at both and the filters move to local folders.
> I'm still trying to work this out.
>
> It would be nice if Android had some sort of SPAM filtering so that
> after I kill the SPAM on my phone I wouldn't have to deal with it again
> on the personal computer.

Considering that accessing e-mail on a phone is slower and more
cumbersome than in a computer, storage is more limited, and downloading
messages may cost you depending on your data plan, processing spam in a
portable device (phone/tablet) is generally not seen as the best
solution. Server-side filtering tends to give you a better experience,
as long as the filter is not prone to false positives. Even so, a
remote-storage (IMAP/Exchange ActiveSync) solution usually gives you
easy access to the spam folder, so you can check for those pesky false
positives.

Anyway, if you delete a spam message via IMAP with your phone, it
shouldn't reappear later in your computer, no matter if you use POP or
IMAP on the PC. But I'm unaware of any client-side spam filter for
Android (or iOS, for that matter)

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.