DoctorBill wrote:
I have a file hiding system I use to keep people out of banking and
stock files called "Hide Files
and Folders".

Up until just recently it worked fine (have a shortcut key set up).

Suddenly it has been throwing up the little "Enter Password" window
unprompted at odd times.
I have to click cancel or the "X" to get it to go away.   Most annoying.

Happens when SeaMonkey is running......

Could this be due to something in my SM preferences that somehow got
changed ?

DoctorBill

I have been seeing this sort of behavior with the prompt for Master Password since somewhere around SM 1.1.16 on the Mac version; but only for the Master Password.

It seems as if SM is ignoring my Pref setting to only ask the first time it is required - it just asks seemingly at random even if I navigate to a page or pages not requiring a password from my stored list.

--
     - Rufus