Geoff Welsh wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On 21/12/2013 01:07, Rufus wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On 20/12/2013 14:38, Rufus wrote:

If I could customize the color of the window trim on the SM
Modern
Theme
it would be dead-solid perfection!

While having the silver-grey OS X window interface bar hanging
over
the
blueish SM Toolbar presentation isn't really annoying, it would
be a
nice touch to be able to match their color...or even select any
other of
my own choosing. Just a thought...that's certainly one of the
things
that makes Thunderbird look so nice behind Safari.

A bit of userChrome.css should be able to fix that.

Phil

Good point...I'll look into that. Anyplace I can find detailed
info on
the bones of the SM Modern Theme itself?

Well there is:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/suite/themes/modern/

But I'd suggest that you find the modern theme that comes with
SeaMonkey
which should be located at:

seamonkey/extensions/mod...@themes.mozilla.org.xpi

Where seamonkey is where you installed SeaMonkey.......

Is that on Windows? It makes no sense on Mac.

GW

Yes - SM is interpreting the *.xpi as an e-mail address here...and
it's
not a Mac sort of path-spec.

...ok...from what I think I can noodle out (I'm *not* a coder) on a Mac
you have to fool around with this from within the SM Package - if you
cntrl+click on the SM app and select "Show Package Contents" and
look in
Extensions you can find a file that looks like
"mod...@themes.mozilla.org.xpi". That's the only way I could find
anything like.

My thought would be that a user would have to make a copy of this file,
manipulate it (somehow...), and then either reinstall it into the
Package or install it as a Theme of it's own. Somehow...

ahhhh, yes "Show Pack.." .  From there I see
Contents/Mac OS/Extensions/modern@....

and inside that folder is a Chrome folder which has modern.jar which may
indeed be the prize, but I can't open that to see if there is CSS to
tweak inside.

GW

Interesting...in my SM 2.13.2 install Package there isn't a Chrome
folder anywhere within the Package itself, only in the user Profile
folders in my ~user/Library/Application Support/Seamonkey folders.

I'll take a look at my SM 2.23 install sometime, but I'd expect to see
the same.  All of my installs have always been obtained directly from
the SM site.

sorry, Ruf, that was on my 2.0 machine.  2.1+ is like Trane says in the
other response....and it's an XPI like CHEE said

GW
(who is usually on his beloved PPC)

Ok...at least it's all consistent...I know stuff has been changed around substantially!

but the original question if how this file relates to userChrome.css is still out there - which is what, and what or which has to get hacked?

--
     - Rufus