On 12/24/2013 6:08 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/24/2013 3:48 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Please check out this page and tell me if it's me or if SeaMonkey has a
bug or if the site has a coding error. Thanks much.

<http://propertyrecords.montcopa.org/search/advancedsearch.aspx?mode=sales>

(you'll be redirected to a disclaimer page, accept and you'll be let in)

In the "Criteria" are, you can select among several different
categories. In most cases, the site works as designed. For example, if
you choose "Block Number," you get an input window where you can enter
the desired block number.

However, I've recently found that the "Building Style" and
"Municipality" options don't work. In the past (at least through
September 2013), selecting "Municipality"  produced a pull-down list
from which the user could select one of 62 municipalities to constrain
the search. Now, nothing happens. For you, too?

I don't have Firefox, so I can't test with it.

I tried the site with Internet Explorer, and it's working normally (if
you use IE 11 you must specify compatibility mode). Try it and see.

The site claims to be HTML 3.2!!  If it is, it has 98 HTML errors.  I
generally view such error-filled Web pages as not worth diagnosing.

Hmmm...

Can anyone tell me whether recent versions of Firefox, which they claim
to support, have the same problem?

I went there on Fx 17.0.11 ESR and automatically denied cookies when the cookie prompt appeared. Then I could not accept the disclaimer. I have zero patience with arrogant sites that require cookies for no good reason other than to track me.