On 12/28/2013 6:19 AM, Desiree wrote:
> On 12/24/2013 6:08 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> The site claims to be HTML 3.2!!  If it is, it has 98 HTML errors.  I
>>> generally view such error-filled Web pages as not worth diagnosing.
>>
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> Can anyone tell me whether recent versions of Firefox, which they claim
>> to support, have the same problem?
>>
> I went there on Fx 17.0.11 ESR and automatically denied cookies when the
> cookie prompt appeared.  Then I could not accept the disclaimer.  I have
> zero patience with arrogant sites that require cookies for no good
> reason other than to track me.

After making sure I have only the cookies I realy want, I mark my
cookies.sqlite file read-only.  Then, I accept cookies only from the
requested domain.  They think they are setting cookies, but they are
wrong.  Their cookies disappear as soon as I terminate SeaMonkey, which
is several times a day.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Where does your elected official stand?  Which
politicians refuse to tell us where they stand?
See the non-partisan Project Vote Smart at
<http://votesmart.org/>.