I'm new to SeaMonkey (although I've had Thunderbird running for a couple of years now as a possible alternative to my long-time mail/news client, Demon's now-unsupported 'Turnpike').

I have a friend who's not much made up with his Windows 7 Windows Live Mail (and I can't say I blame him). I've been recommending that he try TB as an alternative. However, I've just started trying SM, and as it seems a bit simpler than TB, I thought I'd suggest that instead.

Unfortunately, SM's 'Tools', 'Import' can't import WLM .eml e-mails directly. Unlike Thunderbird, the ImportExportTools extension (both versions 2.7.2.2 and 2.8.0.4) is incompatible with SM V2.24 (well, that's what I get when I try to install the .xpi file from file). While the .eml files could probably be converted into something that SM would accept, things are starting to get a bit complicated.

So my question is whether anyone has any recommendations for a simple WLM-to-SM transfer?
--
Ian