On 3/12/14 10:28 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 12/03/14 23:03, Trane Francks wrote:
On 3/12/14 8:46 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 12/03/14 20:30, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

If you wish to apply the effect (Bold, Underline and Italics) to
the odd
word  or to a few words in individual *Text* e-mails, you can use
*asterics for bold* , _Underscores for underlining_ and /Slants for
Italics/ .

Hmm! I wonder why the /Italics/ didn't work?? Must be wrong symbol!!

Your slashes had the desired effect here. So did the asterisks and
underscores. I've noticed their failures when either of the adjacent
characters is not a letter, found it mildly annoying but not a big
enough issue to spend time on it. Dunno how they look in other programs.

Paul, in my own message that I was replying to above, (in the bit that I
deleted) I also mentioned about the adjacent character had to be a
letter for the effect to work .... but, it would seem, slants have a
further problem as /Slants for Italics/ doesn't come out in Italics but
/Italics/ did!!

Interestingly, your /Slants for Italics/ worked fine in that last
message, Daniel.

but what did I do right *this time* ?? Bloody Computers!!

Apparently, you kept all the formatting on the same line.

/This works./  /This does
not./

Cheers.

--