David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/22/2014 6:50 PM, Desiree wrote:
Mozilla's check your plugins page is claiming that Java 7 update 51 is
outdated.  This is on my XP Pro machine using the latest version of
SeaMonkey.

Java 8 is out only at Oracle's download page (not on java.com for
several  more weeks).  Further, Oracle is NOT supporting Java 8 on XP
computers.

So, why do I get an erroneous message?

On Windows 8 Pro computer, I get the same erroneous message for
SeaMonkey 2.25 (and for Fx 24.4 ESR).

I upgraded on Windows 8 computer to Java 8 and had to use system restore
to get back to Java 7 update 51.  Java 8 does not work with my Java
speedtests. The only reason I have Java installed is for speed tests.

Java 7 is being supported for at least another year by Oracle for
security patches so there is no reason at all  for Mozilla to claim Java
7 update 51 is outdated on either version of Windows.

Windows 7 (x64)
SeaMonkey 2.25
Java 7 u51 (properties 7.0.510.13)

According to <http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp>, my Java is
current and "No out-of-date versions of Java were found".

I'm running Win7 Pro SP1 x64 with 64-bit Java installed (java 7 u51) and SM 2.25, same thing. Tried installing the 32-bit Java of the same version, their install identifies the 64-bit already in place, asks for confirmation to overwrite the existing install. I said no. But SM still says I'm not up to date with Java.