On 3/23/2014 6:13 AM, Rob wrote:
> Rickles <rick-sharrem...@thismrasars.plus.com> wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Windows 7 (x64)
>>> SeaMonkey 2.25
>>> Java 7 u51 (properties 7.0.510.13)
>>>
>>> According to <http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp>, my Java is
>>> current and "No out-of-date versions of Java were found".
>>>
>> I'm running Win7 Pro SP1 x64 with 64-bit Java installed (java 7 u51) and
>> SM 2.25, same thing.  Tried installing the 32-bit Java of the same
>> version, their install identifies the 64-bit already in place, asks for
>> confirmation to overwrite the existing install.  I said no.  But SM
>> still says I'm not up to date with Java.
>
> And when you install Java 8 ?  Does that help?
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

I'm not sure I want Java 8.

I put two Web sites in Java's whitelist.  With Java 7, however, I
nevertheless have the annoyance that those Web sites still require
manual OKs to run unsigned Java applications.

Supposedly, those applications will be blocked with Java 8 without any
option to run the applications.  These are two Web sites that are
apparently no longer being updated, both of which have unsigned Java
applications.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.