It used to be, on my old OS X PPC machine running SM 2.0, if I got a mail message with a .wav attachment, I could simply double-click it, and the .wav would open in a blank browser window, (like a nearly empty web page with only a .wav file imbedded on the page).

FFWD to running modern SM on new OS X Intel machine.

Now, after several seconds, with a blank window, I get a pop up window from Quicktime saying that additional software is required to play this media would you like to visit Apple. blah blah.

Now that's obviously wrong, since, I can save the .wav to the desktop and play it with Quicktime just fine.

Was this a security enhancement? ("no more playing message attachments in the browser").

I'm using the same profile from my old machine, so I don't think a setting could be the issue.

Any ideas how to make it work like it used to?

GW