Ray_Net wrote:
Mort wrote, On 20/05/2014 16:53:
Mort wrote:
Hi,

I suddenly cannot search via the top toolbar. I looked up my
EDIT/preferences,and there is no search engine listed. The various icons
there are grayed out or do not work when clicked on. I cannot enter the
name of  a search engine (Google) or do anything in that regard. In
order to search, I must now manually get onto the Google site, then do
the search via their search icon, which is time-consuming.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows XP with SP3. I will soon migrate to a newer PC with
Windows 7 Pro, but in the meantime I am stuck with my XP.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

P.S. Doing a system restore did not help. I cannot do a google search;
see above.

Mort Linder
My top tool bar doesnot not show a search engine - it contains only a
zone where i can type the url.
In the tool bar where ia have the home icon, i put a link to Google - so
i just need to click there to have my google search window.
Perhaps you have installed a plugin which is ... disabled/removed/not
working ...

You might want to use a Bookmarlet like I do. I can highlight text and with one click on the Bookmars bar I get taken to the Google results page for that text. Or, click the Bookmarklet with nothing highlighted, a box pops up and you type search terms in and hit Enter. Same results page.

<http://edmullen.net/mozilla/moz_bmarks.php>

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/