Interviewed by CNN on 05/06/2014 13:55, o...@gmx.de told the world:
> I am new here. Today Seamonkey did erase one time more my actual Seamonkey
> version through the automatic update. And I am sad about it! I am very
> surprised to have to login at google to discuss with Mozilla people as I,
> myself, avoid Google as far as possible because of the globalisation of all
> informations jobs on the world with google as bigest actor. It is the main
> reason with I use Mozilla and not Chrome! But, ok, Mozilla has no filling
> about this reallity. Back to my problem with Mozilla. I install a specific
> version of Mozilla because I have all Mozilla's extensions for this release
> of Seamonkey, and immediately after start Seamonkey actualize itself and
> break so my effort to work with it! It is completely silly dilly!!! Why give
> Seamonkey us the right to download and install old version if Seamonkey
> implements in them default settings which demolish your choice and work
> without to ask you if it is really good so?

Default behavior is the only generally assumed to be best for the widest
set of users and circumstances. People who need particular, non-standard
setups should be prepared to have to modify settings.

So, in order:

Q: Why is auto-update on by default?
A: Because a large percentage of users don't know how or don't want to
bother with updating the program to the latest release. Automating the
process ensures that they have the latest version soon after its
release, without the user needing to call tech-support-nephew or
something similar.

Q: Why should we push them to update then anyway?