On 7/09/2014 2:53 AM, NoOp wrote:
On 09/05/2014 07:49 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 05/09/14 01:36, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 04/09/2014 11:52:
On 04/09/14 03:17, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 03/09/2014 15:13:
On 3/09/2014 11:01 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 3/09/2014 10:40 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 2/09/2014 7:56 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 02/09/14 00:19, Ed Mullen wrote:

<Snip>

Then the preference I first mentioned (in Helper Applications) is
over-riding that setting.  You really should check to see what the
settings are for zip files.

Ed, in my Linux set-up, I have "Always ask" selected for Bzip
archive,
Gzip archive and Zip archive file.

I expect the settings are the same for Win7, but will actually check
tomorrow.

Tonight I'm on Win7 using SM2.29b1 (I've already d/l'ed b2) and, as I
suspected...

1. At Edit - Preferences - Browser - Downloads, I have "Always ask me
where to save files" selected, and,
2. At  Edit - Preferences - Browser - Helper Applications I have Bzip
archive, Gzip archive and Zip archive file types set to "Always Ask".

Just in case, you know, you never know, I'll set Edit - Preferences -
Browser - Downloads to the other setting, close SM, and then tomorrow
I'll re-download Linux SM2.29b2 and hope it goes to the Download
folder,
then I'll reset to the "Always Ask" setting, re-boot SM and try
again.
;-(

Here I am, having re-boot SM and downloaded Linux SM2.29b2 again. This
time I had SM set up to save Downloads to the Download folder, which I
did .... *and* the Download Manager opened up, as it should, to
show me
the downloads progress.

Now I'll re-set to "Always Ask" and see what happens. :-)

Re-boot SM, went to
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29b2/contrib/

and, sure enough, with the "Always Ask ...." pre-selected, I *did not*
get the second screen asking where I wanted to save the file, *nor*
did the Download Manager open up!!

Ho! Hmm!! Is there anyone else here that uses both Windows7 (WOW64)
and Linux (x86_64) and is willing to try downloading the Linux version
using their Windows7 version?? Q, maybe??

I had done this with my windows 7 pro 32 bits - User agent: Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 6.1; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26.1
and i downloaded
seamonkey-2.29b2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29b2/contrib/seamonkey-2.29b2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2>

with a single click, and i have the choice of the download directory.

Sorry, Ray, just to make it absolutely clear to me,

1. At Edit_>Preferences->Browser->Downloads, under "When saving a
file" do you have "Always ask me ...." selected, and,
YES

2. When then clicking on the file link above, do you mean you got the
small window giving you the option to "Open with ....." or to "Save
File", and then selecting "Save File", you get another small screen
asking where on your hard disk you want to save the file??
YES, and then YES also.

Well, why isn't my system doing that??? Grrr!! :-(

Thanks for trying, Ray

Close SeaMonkey, go into your profile folder and * rename *
'mimeTypes.rdf' to mimeTypes.rdf_bak. Restart SeaMonkey and then try the
link. You should then get the popup allowing you to select always ask.
In the newly created mimeTypes.rdf file you then should find an entry
similar to this:

   </RDF:Description>
   <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:handler:application/x-bzip"
                    NC:alwaysAsk="true"
                    NC:saveToDisk="true">
     <NC:externalApplication
RDF:resource="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:application/x-bzip"/>

NoOp, should I be worried that I don't have a 'mimeTypes.rdf' anywhere on my Windows 7 hard drives?? Win7 Search screen is blank when I type "mim"

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26 Build identifier: 20140408191805