Daniel wrote, On 12/09/2014 12:27:
On 12/09/14 16:32, Ray_Net wrote:
NoOp wrote, On 12/09/2014 02:25:
On 09/11/2014 04:00 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
NoOp wrote, On 11/09/2014 22:19:
On 09/10/2014 02:45 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/09/14 09:03, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 09/09/2014 17:28:
On 7/09/2014 2:53 AM, NoOp wrote:

<Snip>

Interesting... I just loaded up SM a Win 7 in VirtualBox w/SeaMonkey
2.26.1 and that profile doesn't have a mimeTypes.rdf either. I'll have
to go looking why not. In the interim, here is the format for that
file:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/MimeTypes.rdf>

It's written there:
Deleting mimeTypes.rdf will clear the associations between MIME types
and programs. A new file will be created on start up or when the
application first needs to write to the file.

I change my mimeTypes.rdf as mimeTypes.rdf.old and i start SM.
The start up did not create the file..
- nor the downloading of seamonkey-2.29b1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29b1/contrib/

   - nor the click of a .doc link asking me if i want to open it with
winword (why did SM know that he can open the file with winword ? Is
that relation written at another place than in the helper applications
list ?

The question is : What should we do to have the needs to write to this
file ?

On the Win7 I downloaded a pdf and at the prompt checked 'Always do
this' and the mimeTypes.pdf was created:

OK, so the action to write in (or create) the mimeType.rdf is to check
"Always do this".
Now the question is: How to "uncheck" this option ? For me it looks like
a no-return action.

Bye-the-Bye (or should that be By-the-by??), with Linux SM running, I don't have a discreet mimeType.rdf file anywhere on my HD!

Same with me, with windows,  i was unable to re-create such a file.