tshou...@gmail.com wrote:

When Seamonkey 2.30 update installs, the browser window and the email
tool go black.  I have to back down to 2.29.1 to use Seamonkey (and
my email).  I also can't figure out how to STOP the auto updates.  So
every other day or so I have to reinstall 2.29.1.  Running Windows 7,
Dell Laptop, Been using Seamonkey for years and this is the first
problem.

To disable automatic updates, disable (uncheck):

Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Software Installation
[ ] Automatically download and install the update

You can leave
[x] Automatically check for updates
enabled because it will only nag you, it won't do anything without permission (either because you click OK in response to the nag or because you have pre-OKed it in the other pref).

HTH

Someone else had this issue in the thread "2.30 upgrade breaks seamonkey" beginning October 16, got a lot of responses. Nothing there help you?

Paul B. Gallagher