On 11/17/14, okj...@gmail.com <okj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:30:23 PM UTC+2, EE wrote:
>> Why is it that with SeaMonkey 2.29, the new .jsonlz4 bookmark backups
>> will not restore, and the manual .json backups will now not restore
>> either?  Why change things so that backups are not restorable?
>
> Why isn't this question answered, and why does the problem with bookmark
> backups prevail in 2.30 ?

I haven't tried restoring a .jsonlz4 bookmark backup, so I don't know
if it will restore or no, but as a work-around, in about:config you
can set
  browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML
to true so that SeaMonkey will save your bookmarks at exit to
bookmarks.html in your profile directory.  Which isn't nice as the
last however many files saved in the bookmarkbackups directory, but if
you do regular backups it's pretty close.

Regards,
Lee